COVID-19 Update - Auckland Alert Level Update
21 September 2021
The Government has announced yesterday that Auckland will move to Alert level 3 at 11:59pm on Tuesday 21 September. The rest of New Zealand remains in Alert level 2.
Alert levels will be reviewed on Monday 4 October. The Director-General of Health has also issued a section 70 notice for five days to create a new geographical area around the latest cases in Northern Waikato to create a bespoke set of temporary restrictions. A map outlining the geographical area will be released by Ministry of Health later today.
Despite there being no “significant undetected community transmission”, Alert level 3 is to be treated with caution. The main cautions for Auckland’s Alert level 3 are:
- The Government has made it clear that staying in your bubbles is vital in keeping on top of the outbreak. The vast majority of cases under Alert level 4 have largely been within household and close contacts. Therefore, those in Auckland are asked to keep your bubbles tight at Alert level 3, and to not visit other households, neighbours or have children to visit. Under Alert level 3 bubbles can only be extended to include one other person who is vulnerable or a carer. Bubbles should remain small and tight.
- Businesses can open but only with strict protocols around keeping their staff safe and only if business can be contactless. If any staff have symptoms encourage them to get tested, send them home. Masks are also mandatory for those working in businesses and those using the services.
- People must work from home if possible, and it is only in rare instances that children will attend school. In the rare instances that a student attends a high school under Alert level 3 they must wear a mask.
- If you are over 65 years in Auckland and you have not been vaccinated you are asked to remain isolated until you are able to get a vaccine.
- Vaccination still remains one of the best protections against the virus and to move down Alert levels. The Government has reiterated its request that those that are eligible to please get vaccinated as soon as you can.
For those in Alert level 2 in-door gatherings have now been increased from 50 to 100.
Important COVID-19 information links
CHASNZ has now updated all its protocols, which can be found here.
For any further questions relating to the building and construction sector please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to find out general information regarding this outbreak.
Click here for our last COVID-19 update.
Please continue to check the locations of interest and ensure you follow the isolation and testing requirements if they relate to you or your household members. Confirmed locations of interest can be found here.
Please also continue to get tested if you have any symptoms at all. Testing is being strongly encouraged across the country.
If you or anyone you now is struggling personally then you can dial 1737 at any time for assistance or just to talk.
Please look after yourselves and your loved ones and stay safe.