COVID-19 Update – Working at Delta Level 2
6 September 2021
The Government has today announced that all of New Zealand other than Auckland will move to Alert Level 2 tomorrow at 11:59pm, with all schools reopening on Thursday. Cabinet will meet on Monday 14 September to review all alert levels for New Zealand.
Alert level 2 is now considered a Delta Level 2, and has additional requirements making it different to what we are all used to with Level 2. A summary of the differences is below:
- If you are an essential worker that has an exemption to travel between the level 2 and level 4 boundary there will be a new requirement from 11:59 on Thursday to undergo weekly testing. Workers will not have to self-isolate while waiting for the result unless experiencing symptoms. Proof of testing will be required to be carried with you. The government is currently working with employers on the exact details so if this impacts you please keep checking the covid website for updates.
- If you are located in Northland you are able to travel through Auckland to places such as Waikato for work or other essential reasons, as long as you do not stop in Auckland but drive straight through. You will need to have proof of why you are travelling through Auckland with you.
- Face coverings continue to be mandatory in all in-door venues and all public facing staff must wear face masks.
- Scanning is also mandatory in venues where close contact and socialising occurs such a hairdressers, bars, restaurant and includes private events. However, scanning at all times is strongly encouraged.
- There is a 50-person limit at in-door gatherings. Outdoor venues have a 100-person limit.
- Indoor public facilities such as gyms are also being brought into alignment with retail and are required to have a 2-metre rule between those using the facilities.
CHASNZ is currently looking at its protocols and we will notify you of any updated protocols relating to level 2 when they are released.
For any further questions relating to the building and construction sector please email email@example.com.
Click here to find out general information regarding this outbreak.
Click here for the guidelines for working at Alert Levels 3 and 4 that we included in our last update.
Please continue to check the locations of interest and ensure you follow the isolation and testing requirements if they relate to you or your household members. Confirmed locations of interest can be found here.
Please also continue to get tested if you have any symptoms at all. Testing is being strongly encouraged across the country.
Please look after yourselves and your loved ones and stay safe in your bubbles.